Our contact details
Name: Marengo Communications Limited
Address: Number One Business Centre, Western Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7FJ
Phone Number: 020 3150 3152
This Privacy Notice was created on 10 November 2022.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- Your views and opinions on proposed building developments.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
In most cases you will have provided your personal information directly to us when you have attended an exhibition, registered for one of our webinars, have provided feedback or asked to be kept up to date on a proposed plans in your area.
The personal information of those holding public office (for example Members of Parliament or Council Members) may also have been obtained from public sources (for example websites or registers of interest).
Your information will be used to help us to understand the views of local people and to keep you up to date on proposed plans in your area.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do with the information we have
We are collecting your information on behalf of our client, the company responsible for the proposed plans. We will make it clear to you the name of the company and provide you with their details.
We will collate your views with the views of other people who also have an interest in the proposed plans and provide a summary of them to our client. We will not pass on any information to them that will allow them to identify you or to associate you with any opinions that you may have expressed.
We may also from time to time send you information about the progress with or changes to the proposed plans to ensure that you are kept up to date.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored electronically and will be destroyed 5 years after the completion of the building development on which you have provided your opinion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk