Our contact details
Name: Marengo Communications Limited
Address: Number One Business Centre, Western Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7FJ
Phone Number: 020 3150 3152
This Privacy Notice was created on 10 November 2022.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- Information gathered during the recruitment process, including:
- Your entitlement to work in the UK
- Your employment history, educational qualifications and membership of professional associations
- Your opinions (for example provided in personal statements or at interview)
- The opinions that other people have of you (from personal references)
- An assessment of your performance during the recruitment process
- Payroll and tax information (for example your bank details, NINO and payments made to you)
- Emergency contact arrangements for your next of kin
- Your absence record (for leave, sickness or other reason)
- Performance assessments, including supervision notes
- Your involvement in and outcome of disciplinary or grievance procedures
- Health or medical information relevant to your employment
We may also collect equality information (such as sex, age, race) for monitoring purposes.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We will have obtained much of the personal information directly when you applied to work for us. We will also create records as part of your ongoing employment with us.
Your information will be used to help us to manage our employment relationship with you, including in line with employment law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (c) We have a legal obligation.
- (f) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information in order to
- Ensure that you are remunerated, rewarded and recognised
- Monitor your performance
- Enable your ongoing learning and development
- Help with our engagement with and management of our workforce
- Meet our legal duties under Health and Safety and other law
We may share your information with tax and other governmental bodies and the providers of specialist HR services (for example occupational health).
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored electronically and will be retained for time periods in line with the rules set out in our Records Retention Schedule held by (and available from) the Business and Operations Manager.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk